The more consumers start using tablets and smartphones, the more important it becomes for your organization to develop mobile apps for the event. Developing the best technology app for mobile is great for your business as it helps you stay connected with the target audience thoroughly. Although initially, it seems that developing such a tool is not a big deal, there are a few factors that you must keep in mind. Ignoring these factors might be the reasons for not achieving the desired results. If you are creating a mobile application, make sure you don’t launch it in the market without considering these factors –
Choose the most appropriate platform
One of the major decisions that you have to take while developing meeting apps is to which platform to target. Since your target audience uses mobile devices with different operating systems, you should make sure your app runs on a different platform, if you want to reach a greater number of audience. Ask yourself whether you will target Android and iOS, which are the two leading platforms. Or will you focus on BlackBerry and Windows Phone? Although it is advisable to develop apps for multiple platforms, it might not be possible for many event organizers to do the same, especially at the initial level. In that case, one can focus on the most used platforms, as indicated by market research.
Seek for the right expertise
If you are thinking of developing a mobile event app for the upcoming events of your organization, consider whether you will be able to do it on your own? If you are not confident enough for developing a flawless mobile app, consider hiring the help of professional app developers. Make sure you get the job done by someone, who has specialization in designing applications for the mobile environment and not by someone who excels in general app development.
Check out the functionality of the application
While it is true that mobile device users are in love with cool features, including too many features in your app might result in unnecessary complications. As a result of this, the users might refrain from using the app frequently. Hence, it is advisable to limit the features to a minimum level and ensure maximum possible ease of use for the users. Also, consider the usage scenario when determining what features to include and which to exclude. Most of the time, your users will be using the app while on the move. This means they won’t have much time to indulge in the detailed features of the app.
Check out the usability
Usability of your app is one of the most important factors to consider. Make sure your app has an easy, yet rich user interface. This is a component that can make or break the future of your app. If users find the application too confusing, or tough to navigate, they will lose interest in it quickly.
These are some of the crucial factors that you need to keep in mind while developing mobile event applications. Mobile app for events has changed the way events held and attended. It is a novel idea to give your events an edge over the other regular events. You can be sure about keeping the audience well-informed about all the different aspects of the event through the custom event app.
Which are some of the common features of an event app?
1. Schedules – This feature allows you to share the schedule of the event with all the attendees and exhibitors at once. You can share details in brief about each session along with the time and location.
2. Attendee List – You can view the list of attendees, their designation and contact details on the app. This saves time, and you don’t have to hunt for business cards to reach them.
3. Speaker’s Profile – A great benefit for all the attendees is to have the information about the speakers’ right on their phone. They can also connect with them on various social platforms.
4. Social Media Integration – How can you ever forget the craze for social media! Keep the conversations flowing by providing the attendee with quick links to instantly share content on their social profiles through the apps?
5. Map Integration – Think about an attendee reaching walking in late because he couldn’t find the way to the venue. Or, think about the mistake of misplacing the map. Do away with all such unfortunate possibilities. Provide the map to all whom it matters right on their phones.
These are some of the basic features which an event app would generally provide. Apps for events are a great way to digitize the different aspects of an event. It provides you a platform to let the users interact and get a clear idea about the event well in advance. You can also use the data collected during the event for future purposes. Mobile apps for events are many. However, you must select carefully for the best services